Sunday, July 13, 2008

Long time no post

'Tis the holidays and 'tis a time to be lazy and complacent . Procrastination levels are going through the roof and my body clock is trying to balance itself in a dire time like the scales of justice. But life moves on after these 2 weeks of delayed progress and our daily set busybody schedules will once more dominate our lives.

Its just over a month till my 17th Birthday, not the most significant age of them all but its the year in between being 16 and 18 so some big decisions will have to be made during this time which require my own maturity and a bit of self control :P

I've come to understand that life is short and although I've technically only lived out less than a quarter of my life expectancy I've learnt an immense amount from my experiences which can only help me in the future in whatever we choose to do. And like what movies and tv and books and music and everyone else tells us, we should live every day to its full instead of worrying about whether we're 'wearing clean underwear' before being hit by a bus. That doesn't mean I should accept and welcome death at this age o_O I am only 16 after all.

So to be annoyingly non-conformist, I'm conforming to the non-conformist ideal to do everything out of the usual box for 'my kind' so I'm taking a full good year away from schooling to pursue a costly but worthy experience that will only enrich my understanding and appreciation for the world and all who inhabit it. My parents being the most wonderful people on the face of this world who made me *beams* fully support me and wish me the best of luck for my foreign student exchange to France halfway through next year.



I'll be leaving halfway through 7th form sadly missing graduation with my own year (boohoo) as well as the ball and any other social experiences with them (cries louder) but I'll get to graduate in France and what could possibly be better than that?

1 comment:

Kotassium said...

That was some intense philosophy there.

Well when you look back in 100 years time you can tell your children's children 'I went to France, and that's the country that was once over there on the map, but in 2056 it got drownded by what we used to call Global warming.'

Thus I predict a morbid future for them. Not that I want it to happen. It could happen to anyone. :)