Thursday, June 19, 2008

News

My life is a boiling pot of excitement ready to burst out with hot hot soup of dreams, hopes and thought...
One of the downstairs boarders we found was very obviously pregnant so we have decided to up her rent by $10 for reasons of inflation, price of living, etc we told her. Secretly tho its cause another person is living in the flat and not being charged! We wish her good luck on her uneasy and clandestine road to motherhood. May she come prepared with lots of nappies!
Sadly our gym ball of 2 and a bit years from a guilty boxing day shopping spree had burst from rolling onto our heater. Queer situation really, we were all occupied with the television so no one had realised that it mysteriously on its own accord rolled over toward the heater and burnt its backside to a crisp. Its now seriously warped with a huge hole on its underside and my brother's distraught as it was his favourite piece of furniture (certainly beats the $2000 leather couches!) so we're going to have a proper burial and a newer better replacement.

I'm currently supposed to be working on my bio report, although I cannot see any biological benefits for stretching your leg bones, so my page is whitey white filled with invisible ideas that will never quite materialise. Darn NCEA and its criteria needing concrete evidence and sourcing throughout the entire essay. Its distracting to the actual writing, and its not like I'll be leaving school and doing nothing but wikipedia'ing for my sources of info. Even my English teacher said only a University student would understand the complexity of standard based assessment. Its loop upon loop of rules and exeptions, standards, and achievement. It all makes no sense that to ace NCEA you need to learn how to ace the assessment than ace the topic you're learning.

And I have yet again dreamed up a far fetched plan that no one likes the sound of and I myself think I'm a bit mad for even thinking it up, but it should be fun to try and carry it out, if my will power takes me that far. All will be revealed if I decide to continue on with it. In the meantime I'll have to keep everyone in suspense...


PS: Smokefree Rockquest tomorrow night! Can't wait! I'm bringing my red carpet clothes i.e. tshirt and jeans.
PPS: I'll upload photos soon, my excuse is its too cold outside and my mums office is too far. Plus im busy all weekend obviously (blatant scorn)

1 comment:

Kotassium said...

*exceptions.


Actually true. Oi, cost of living, it's like the world is against itself. That's what the people get for buying their 4th posh porsche rather than donating to earthquake victims.

Love how we're in the same classes for subjects... So I actually know what you talk about in terms of English teacher.

Oi, Rockquest!

HAHAHA YOUR HOUSE IS HAUNTED WITH GYM-BALL ROLLING POLTERGEISTS.