Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eww holidays are so bleak

There were 2 powercuts on Saturday night, one in the afternoon for half a second which did nothing but irritate us when we ended up righting the resetted times on our microwaves. A big one happened a bit later at night when the primetime tv shows come on and families are united for that less than an hour for dinner, the meal of conversation. Babies cried, people ran out with flashlights, angry residents abused their mobile phone usage (the telephone lines were cut too) and for the first time in years I saw our street in pitch black . I proved myself the backbone of the family when I pulled out my collection of birthday/Christmas/Thank you's/etc candles and put out the screaming from my siblings. Thank goodness it was all over in 10 minutes, I don't think I could stand my brother without tv to watch, it would involve me interacting with him :P
A few overcast and equally bleak days passed and I got 2 premolars yanked out of me by a sadistic moustached man who controls the suffering of his victims with legal torture weapons. They don't call it a murderhouse for nothing I guess. A dentist invented the first electric chair, the execution one that is. While I was lying venerable with my pupils bleaching in the blinding light contemplating why dentists have the highest suicide rates (I can't actually confirm that) my executioner went for a coffee... When he came back my bottom lip felt as swollen as a pig's stomach and I lost all feeling in it. I wonder if he enjoyed himself chuckling under his moustache that probably harbours disease after poking a hole in my gum to see if it was numb. If anyone ever told you dental surgery was delicate and precise they lied to you. He practically plied my tooth out of me taking hold with both hands moving it to and fro as if my tooth was a leaky tap. The dental assistant had piercings all over her face and didn't look as if she made the transition between teenagehood
I left with a handicapped mouth that i couldn't even control enough to ask for a tissue. He read my mind and gave me one with a lovely final word which warmed my heart "here's a tissue incase you drool all over yourself" his smile was the radiant sunshine of my day so I returned an equally radiating smile as a gesture of my thankfulness.
This reminds me of a quote from a movie I saw recently (I think it was Juno): "Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people suffer" I'm sure going to have a lot of fun when I be a doctor. It'll be like butchering except with people involved - even better!

2 comments:

Kotassium said...

Lily to the rescue!

yay, for once useless candles come into use...

I wanted to be a dentist at one point. Morph into orthodontist.

Airom Mafia Ltd said...

ONLY 10 MINUTES??

HALF AN HOUR FOR US THANK YOU.
AND ONLY SOME LITTLE CANDLES THAT BURNT OUT IN THAT HALF AN HOUR...

but at least out phone worked for some reason. meh.